Contact Us
Sports Coverage
Advantage Partners
HOME    |    Closings and Delays    |   Contest    |   Links    |   Coverage    |   About WMOA    |   Programming
Police Investigate Attempted Kmart Robbery
Posted on: 06/17/2013
By  Mike Cullums
Marietta Police are investigating an attempted robbery at K-Mart last evening.
Captain Jeff Waite says it happened a few minutes before 8:00 p.m. when a male suspect who was already in the store walked up to an employee and handed her a note stating that he was robbing the store, he had a gun, and she should take him to the safe. The employee told the suspect she could not open the safe. The two of them then walked back to the front of the store, where he exited through the front doors.
Police say the suspect is black, in his mid-twenties, about 6-feet-2-inches tall, weighing 160 to 170 pounds, with no facial hair. He was wearing a long-sleeve yellow and navy blue striped polo shirt, baggy blue jeans, white sneakers and a bright green baseball cap.
Anyone who may have observed something that could help with the investigation of last night’s attempted robbery at K-mart is asked to call Marietta Police at 376-2007.
Checking other weekend police reports…
On Saturday, Michael Shawn Williams, 36, of 904 Fourth Street, was arrested in the 200 block of Sacra Via on charges of drunk driving, driving under suspension, failure to control and hit skip after he was involved in a crash at Fourth and Washington streets and fled the scene. Williams refused a breath test and was taken to jail.
On Sunday, Jeffrey Alan Theiss, 35, of 27130 State Route 7, was arrested in the 100 block of Dudley Avenue on charges of theft, possession of criminal tools and driving under suspension. Captain Waite says Theiss was observed allegedly stealing air conditioner parts from Get It Performance at 1340 Colegate Drive. The business owner, Chad Walters, followed Theiss to Dudley Avenue where he confronted him and called police. The air conditioner parts and a pry bar were found in the rear of Theiss’s vehicle, and police say Theiss admitted to dismantling the air conditioner so he could sell the parts for scrap. He was taken to jail.
Search News From: